Advantages of membership
You will find yourself at the forefront of the latest understandings about human nature, because benefits include:
• Receiving your own copy of the biannual Human Givens journal, an accessible and lively magazine containing inspiring examples of creative, effective HG practice in all sorts of settings, essential information for updating skills and understandings about human behaviour, interviews with leaders in their fields and a range of other fascinating articles (to maintain its independence our journal is Ad-free)
• Receiving advance information, before anyone else, about forthcoming events, publications and research connected with the HG approach
• Being sent an early invitation to the HGI conference, our always lively, much-anticipated biennial weekend event. It is a wonderful opportunity to meet up with others involved or interested in HG work and to hear about the life-enhancing educational and therapeutic discoveries being made by HG advocates in many different fields. Click here for information about the latest conference. From time to time, the HGI presents one-off special interest events, about which you will also receive advance information
• Discounts on HG publications and online training
• Additional resources in the website’s membership area
• Having the chance to play a fuller part in promoting HG ideas and practice by putting yourself forward to sit on one of our committees, when an appropriate vacancy arises
• Knowing that, just by being a member, you are playing an important supportive role in the spreading of powerful HG organising ideas.
If you are training as an HG practitioner or are already qualified, professional membership of HGI means that we will guide you throughout your career, ensuring that your practice is up to date and providing you with many opportunities to connect with your peers.
So, in addition to all the above benefits, you will also enjoy:
• Access to ready advice about professional practice and to representation in the event of a complaint against you
• Promotion of your professional interests, through the HGI’s links with government agencies and other key organisation
• The opportunity to join a regional peer group, to support you further in your work
To see the precise benefits for each membership category, please go to membership levels.
Explore our articles and interviews
Julia Welstead considers the connection between our mental health and our planet
Last night, while you slept, you went into the REM state and dreamed. You probably don't remember because, for a very good reason, we evolved not to. However all normal humans go into the REM state and dream every night and most mammals show evidence of this brain pattern too.
Sheila Barratt-Smith tells Denise Winn that the images and language used to describe birth can determine whether a woman experiences pain — or euphoria.
People who find guilt feelings highly difficult to tolerate may be especially prone to the OCD-type behaviours of compulsive checking or checking rituals...
At a time when we are struggling with a number of major moral dilemas, Ivan Tyrrell suggests that the human givens approach can help us reach ethical decisions.
Do you feel overwhelmed with life? Like you are paddling hard just to stay afloat?
Lee Pycroft describes how a beauty makeover can trigger self-care and self-respect in vulnerable or traumatised women.
Community psychiatric nurse Liz Potts describes her experience as one of the few primary care professionals in Coventry using the human givens approach.
Latest Tweets:Tweets by humangivens
This workshop proved very popular and spaces quickly sold out so we've added an extra date.
Date posted: 18/10/2021
Whether you're interested for personal reasons, are thinking about becoming a counsellor, or are looking for effective mental health CPD, check out Human Givens College's online courses - and save 20% off many of them ...