Advantages of membership
You will find yourself at the forefront of the latest understandings about human nature, because benefits include:
• Receiving your own copy of the biannual Human Givens journal, an accessible and lively magazine containing inspiring examples of creative, effective HG practice in all sorts of settings, essential information for updating skills and understandings about human behaviour, interviews with leaders in their fields and a range of other fascinating articles (to maintain its independence our journal is Ad-free)
• Receiving advance information, before anyone else, about forthcoming events, publications and research connected with the HG approach
• Being sent an early invitation to the HGI conference, our always lively, much-anticipated biennial weekend event. It is a wonderful opportunity to meet up with others involved or interested in HG work and to hear about the life-enhancing educational and therapeutic discoveries being made by HG advocates in many different fields. Click here for information about the latest conference. From time to time, the HGI presents one-off special interest events, about which you will also receive advance information
• Discounts on HG publications and online training
• Additional resources in the website’s membership area
• Having the chance to play a fuller part in promoting HG ideas and practice by putting yourself forward to sit on one of our committees, when an appropriate vacancy arises
• Knowing that, just by being a member, you are playing an important supportive role in the spreading of powerful HG organising ideas.
If you are training as an HG practitioner or are already qualified, professional membership of HGI means that we will guide you throughout your career, ensuring that your practice is up to date and providing you with many opportunities to connect with your peers.
So, in addition to all the above benefits, you will also enjoy:
• Access to ready advice about professional practice and to representation in the event of a complaint against you
• Promotion of your professional interests, through the HGI’s links with government agencies and other key organisation
• The opportunity to join a regional peer group, to support you further in your work
To see the precise benefits for each membership category, please go to membership levels.
Explore our articles and interviews
Dr Farouk Okhai describes the power of using deep relaxation and guided imagery techniques.
The governing organisations of the world seem all at sea. They are missing an essential element: that of the psychology of human nature, which is programmed into us from our genes (the human 'givens').
Brett Culham describes the outcome of his research to validate the needs-based human givens approach to psychological health.
A young Russian woman, Nina, describes how just three sessions of human givens therapy lifted out of her suicidal depression and turned her life around.
Ivan Tyrrell and Richard Bentall discuss patient-centred new approaches to the understanding and treatment of psychotic illness..
Julia Welstead considers what we should really be giving this Christmas... and all year round too
Gail Rhodes and Jenny Waddington describe their experience of establishing a small business to spread availability of the human givens approach.
Latest Tweets:Tweets by humangivens
The HGI is one of the organisations supporting the campaign organised by BACP, BPC and UKCP to maximise the role of counselling and psychotherapy in helping to support people through the Covid 19 c
Charlie Taylor interviews Judith Desbonne and Tiffany Osborne about the human givens approach to therapy and its many benefits.