Registered Member (MHGI)
Open to graduates of the Human Givens Diploma who have also passed the Practitioner Level Assessment (Part 3). By having demonstrated their practical competence they can apply to become a Registered Member and appear on the HGI's Professional Register of Human Givens Practitioners as a fully-qualified HG therapist or counsellor. (See: HGI Professional Register Policy).
Benefits of MHGI membership:
- Registered HG Practitioner Status
- Entry on to the HGI's official International Register of fully-qualified and approved human givens therapists – accredited in the UK by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA)
- Individual Online Register Therapist page (with name, contact information, specialist areas, biographical details, optional location map, full biographical details and any relevant links)
- Use of the Registered Membership version of the HGI logo – and the PSA logo, if you practice in the UK
- Biannual peer-reviewed Human Givens Journal
- Access to Pragmatic Tracker (worth £200 a year) to help with collecting outcome data and feedback from clients
- Use of the letters MHGI after your academic qualifications
- Personalised MHGI stationery PDF artwork ready for printing – choice of 2 designs, includes: sales leaflet, letterhead, business card, compliment slip and receipt pad
- Access to the secure HG Professional Members' Area — includes various resources, such as practical advice, essential information and helpful downloads for anyone starting up in private practice, latest news, job opportunities etc.
- Advanced notice and invitations to the HGI's bi-annual conference and any other special HGI-hosted events
- Free membership of ETSI (the European Therapy Studies Institute)
- Invites to attend special one-off HG.Dip. Graduate CPD Days
- Certificate of membership (renewed annually)
- Agreement to uphold HGI ethical standards
- Agreement to HGI professional conduct policy
- Completion of annual Continuous Professional Development and submission of CPD record card
- Supervision requirement with an accredited HG Supervisor
If also in private practice:
- Professional indemnity insurance (copy of current certificate)
- Written confirmation of your CRB certificate (if relevant) indicating level of disclosure.
Annual Registered Membership Fee:
- £150.00 if you live in the UK
- £158.00 if you live outside the UK (additional fee covers extra postage costs)
How to join:
If you have successfully passed your Post Graduate Practitioner's Assessment (Part III) and haven't yet received your invitation to upgrade your membership to Registered Member level (or you have misplaced it), please contact the HGI Membership Secretary, via email: email@example.com, or by post: The Human Givens Institute, Chalvington, East Sussex, BN27 3TD, UK.
Explore our articles and interviews
Most severe, even psychotic, mental illness can be helped more effectively at home than in hospital. Professor Marcellino Smyth illustrates how home treatment services work.
A set of stand-alone articles on Stress, Anxiety, Phobias, Panic attacks, PTSD, Depression, Addiciton, Anger and OCD that human givens practitioners can use to promote both the approach and their own practice.
Chris Dyas vividly describes how he teaches troubled children to be their own therapists.
Mark Evans describes how working imaginatively with rewards and punishments has helped his clients achieve very swift change
Doris Lessing believes we are all much closer to craziness than we like to believe. In conversations with Ivan Tyrrell she talks about age, breakdowns and the ubiquitous 'self-hater'.
Denise Winn looks at the research on whether writing about traumatic experiences enhances physical and psychological health.
Listen to Brian Greene’s interview with Denise Winn (Human Givens College tutor and psychology journalist, editor and author) as they discuss how the human givens approach is used for successfully treating depression.
The final version of the Emotional Needs Scale resulting from Brett Culham's research into emotional needs.
Latest Tweets:Tweets by humangivens
This year's 2-day conference promises to be another cracking event with some fascinating new insights, a wealth of practical content to expand your professional knowledge and inspirational illustrations of how widely the HG approach is spreading.
Our biennial HGI conferences are always a fun way to stay up-to-date and network with like-minded professionals.