Registered Member (MHGI)
Open to graduates of the Human Givens Diploma who have also passed the Practitioner Level Assessment (Part 3). By having demonstrated their practical competence they can apply to become a Registered Member and appear on the HGI's Professional Register of Human Givens Practitioners as a fully-qualified HG therapist or counsellor. (See: HGI Professional Register Policy).
Benefits of MHGI membership:
- Registered HG Practitioner Status
- Entry on to the HGI's official International Register of fully-qualified and approved human givens therapists – accredited in the UK by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA)
- Individual Online Register Therapist page (with name, contact information, specialist areas, biographical details, optional location map, full biographical details and any relevant links)
- Use of the Registered Membership version of the HGI logo – and the PSA logo, if you practice in the UK
- Biannual peer-reviewed Human Givens Journal
- FREE access to Pragmatic Tracker (worth £200 a year) to help with collecting outcome data and feedback from your clients
- Use of the letters MHGI after your academic qualifications
- Personalised MHGI stationery PDF artwork ready for printing – choice of 2 designs, includes: sales leaflet, letterhead, business card, compliment slip and receipt pad
- Access to the secure HG Professional Members' Area — includes various resources, such as practical advice, essential information and helpful downloads for anyone starting up in private practice, latest news, job opportunities etc.
- Advanced notice and invitations to the HGI's bi-annual conference and any other special HGI-hosted events
- Free membership of ETSI (the European Therapy Studies Institute)
- Invites to attend special one-off HG.Dip. Graduate CPD Days
- Certificate of membership (renewed annually)
- Agreement to uphold HGI ethical standards
- Agreement to HGI professional conduct policy
- Completion of annual Continuous Professional Development and submission of CPD record card and Supervision requirement
If also in private practice:
- Professional indemnity insurance (copy of current certificate)
- Written confirmation of your CRB certificate (if relevant) indicating level of disclosure.
Annual Registered Membership Fee:
- £150.00 if you live in the UK
- £158.00 if you live outside the UK (additional fee covers extra postage costs)
How to join:
If you have successfully passed your Post Graduate Practitioner's Assessment (Part III) and haven't yet received your invitation to upgrade your membership to Registered Member level (or you have misplaced it), please contact Silvana Limpus, HGI Membership Secretary, via email: email@example.com, or by post: The Human Givens Institute, Chalvington, East Sussex, BN27 3TD, UK.
Explore our articles and interviews
Brian Greene and HG tutor Dr Andrew Morrice discuss the mind-body connection and explore the relationships between the three big E’s…
Joe Griffin goes back to basics to arrive at some powerful new insights into the givens of human nature.
Lorraine Debnam describes how she used her chance to bring psychological help to Rwandan street children.
Dr Farouk Okhai opens his casebook to show how the human givens approach can best help severely distressed people.
The final version of the Emotional Needs Scale resulting from Brett Culham's research into emotional needs.
How one session of human givens therapy was enough to transform the life of Sarah, a depressed single mother.
In 2002 BACP published new ethical guidelines. Before publication, Ivan Tyrrell questioned the main author of the guidelines, Tim Bond, about what they actually mean.
Latest Tweets:Tweets by humangivens
HG-trained lobbyist Marion Brown has spotted an alarming reversal in the use of the bio-psycho-social model for mental health and wellbeing within the medical world.
Date posted: 24/04/2019
Amárach Research have just published the results of their recent survey of the mental health and wellbeing of 1,000 adults in Ireland, using the Human Givens Emotoinal Needs Audit
Date posted: 07/03/2019