Registered Member (MHGI)
Open to graduates of the Human Givens Diploma who have also passed the Practitioner Level Assessment (Part 3). By having demonstrated their practical competence they can apply to become a Registered Member and appear on the HGI's Professional Register of Human Givens Practitioners as a fully-qualified HG therapist or counsellor. (See: HGI Professional Register Policy).
Benefits of MHGI membership:
- Registered HG Practitioner Status
- Entry on to the HGI's official International Register of fully-qualified and approved human givens therapists – accredited in the UK by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA)
- Individual Online Register Therapist page (with name, contact information, specialist areas, biographical details, optional location map, full biographical details and any relevant links)
- Use of the Registered Membership version of the HGI logo – and the PSA logo, if you practice in the UK
- Biannual peer-reviewed Human Givens Journal
- FREE access to Pragmatic Tracker (worth £200 a year) to help with collecting outcome data and feedback from your clients
- Use of the letters MHGI after your academic qualifications
- Personalised MHGI stationery PDF artwork ready for printing – choice of 2 designs, includes: sales leaflet, letterhead, business card, compliment slip and receipt pad
- Access to the secure HG Professional Members' Area — includes various resources, such as practical advice, essential information and helpful downloads for anyone starting up in private practice, latest news, job opportunities etc.
- Advanced notice and invitations to the HGI's bi-annual conference and any other special HGI-hosted events
- Free membership of ETSI (the European Therapy Studies Institute)
- Invites to attend special one-off HG.Dip. Graduate CPD Days
- Certificate of membership (renewed annually)
- Agreement to uphold HGI ethical standards
- Agreement to HGI professional conduct policy
- Completion of annual Continuous Professional Development and submission of CPD record card and Supervision requirement
If also in private practice:
- Professional indemnity insurance (copy of current certificate)
- Written confirmation of your CRB certificate (if relevant) indicating level of disclosure.
Annual Registered Membership Fee:
- £150.00 if you live in the UK
- £158.00 if you live outside the UK (additional fee covers extra postage costs)
How to join:
If you have successfully passed your Post Graduate Practitioner's Assessment (Part III) and haven't yet received your invitation to upgrade your membership to Registered Member level (or you have misplaced it), please contact Silvana Limpus, HGI Membership Secretary, via email: email@example.com, or by post: The Human Givens Institute, Chalvington, East Sussex, BN27 3TD, UK.
Explore our articles and interviews
Do you feel overwhelmed with life? Like you are paddling hard just to stay afloat?
Ivan Tyrrell reviews "The Attention Merchants: how our time and attention are gathered and sold" by Tim Wu (Atlantic Books, £20.00)
GP Mona Mahfouz shows how dramatically the human givens approach has altered the way she works
The governing organisations of the world seem all at sea. They are missing an essential element: that of the psychology of human nature, which is programmed into us from our genes (the human 'givens').
Tom Livesey describes how Hartlepool Mind's successful approach to working with alcohol addiction overcomes funding constraints.
Ivan Tyrrell warns that hypnosis is a powerful tool that must be used with care, understanding and integrity.
Aric Sigman explains why craft-based skills are as important as academic ones, and need to be taught in all schools.
Joe Griffin goes back to basics to arrive at some powerful new insights into the givens of human nature.
Latest Tweets:Tweets by humangivens
Blue Monday saw the launch of our new podcast series: Ask the Expert. We were delighted that Lee Pycroft agreed to be our first expert...
Date posted: 23/01/2019
A hearty congratulations to Senior Social Worker and HG therapist Chris Dyas.
Date posted: 03/12/2018