Registered Member (MHGI)
Last updated: April 2020
Open to graduates of the Human Givens Diploma who have also passed the Practitioner Level Assessment (Part 3). By having demonstrated their practical competence they can apply to become a Registered Member and appear on the HGI's Professional Register of Human Givens Practitioners as a fully-qualified HG therapist or counsellor. (See: HGI Professional Register Policy).
Benefits of MHGI membership:
- Registered HG Practitioner Status
- Entry on to the HGI's official International Register of fully-qualified and approved human givens therapists – accredited in the UK by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA)
- Individual Online Register Therapist page (with name, contact information, specialist areas, biographical details, optional location map, full biographical details and any relevant links)
- Use of the Registered Membership version of the HGI logo – and the PSA logo, if you practice in the UK
- Biannual peer-reviewed Human Givens Journal
- Use of the letters MHGI after your academic qualifications
- Personalised MHGI stationery PDF artwork ready for printing – includes: sales leaflet, letterhead, business card, compliment slip and receipt pad
- Access to the secure HG Professional Members' Area — includes various resources, such as practical advice, essential information and helpful downloads for anyone starting up in private practice, latest news, job opportunities etc.
- Advanced notice and invitations to the HGI's bi-annual conference and any other special HGI-hosted events
- Free membership of ETSI (the European Therapy Studies Institute)
- Regular membership bulletins
- Invites to attend special one-off HG.Dip. Graduate CPD Days
- Certificate of membership (renewed annually)
- Agreement to uphold HGI ethical standards
- Agreement to HGI professional conduct policy
- Completion of annual Continuous Professional Development and submission of CPD record card
- Supervision requirement with an accredited HG Supervisor
If also in private practice:
- Professional indemnity insurance (copy of current certificate)
- Written confirmation of your CRB certificate (if relevant) indicating level of disclosure.
Annual Registered Membership Fee:
- £150.00 if you live in the UK
- £158.00 if you live outside the UK (additional fee covers extra postage costs)
How to join:
If you have successfully passed your Post Graduate Practitioner's Assessment (Part III) and haven't yet received your invitation to upgrade your membership to Registered Member level (or you have misplaced it), please contact the HGI Membership Secretary, via email: [email protected], or by post: The Human Givens Institute, Chalvington, East Sussex, BN27 3TD, UK.
Explore our articles and interviews
Scientific findings confirm the connection between the dream state and schizophrenia...
Last night, while you slept, you went into the REM state and dreamed. You probably don't remember because, for a very good reason, we evolved not to. However all normal humans go into the REM state and dream every night and most mammals show evidence of this brain pattern too.
The HGI Ethics and Complaints Committee considers some of the ethical challenges that human givens practitioners may face. Ian Thomson sets the scene.
Phil Schofield, a human givens therapist and Director of Operations at Community Care Options, tells us about the charity’s work with vulnerable people in the local community.
People who find guilt feelings highly difficult to tolerate may be especially prone to the OCD-type behaviours of compulsive checking or checking rituals...
Joe Griffin and Ivan Tyrrell describe a biologically-based theory which explains the shortcomings of purely cognitive approaches and why effective therapies can work fast.
Denise Winn describes how the rewind technique helped with a mother and son’s complex responses to his near-fatal injury.
In the first of an occasional series featuring contributions from HG practitioners, Miriam Chachamu shares two simple therapeutic ideas that fit well with the human givens toolkit.
Latest Tweets:Tweets by humangivens
This fascinating conversation is now available to watch.
Date posted: 10/01/2022
Discover what Suffolk Mind have learned and how they have been able to use this information to maximum beneficial effect ...
Date posted: 1/11/2021