Improving services while cutting costs
By teaching professionals how to best help depressed, anxious, addicted and otherwise emotionally disturbed adults and children get better quickly and then maintain their emotional health, human givens psychotherapy training not only helps reduce enormous amounts of suffering but also saves considerable amounts of taxpayers’ and private organisations’ money.
Here are just a few examples, more can be found in the many articles, interviews and publications that feature case studies.
- Helps us to identify why a person is experiencing their current difficulties and what can be done about it
- Doctors' surgeries using human givens therapists report a high success rate even with patients suffering longterm mental health problems – providing immediate benefits and also helping to prevent them from developing more severe and enduring problems in the future. Human givens therapy was also found to be of a shorter duration, lasting 1–2 sessions compared to the standard 4.
(See: 'Assessing the effectiveness of the human givens approach in treating depression', Mental Health Review, Vol 17, Iss 2, 2012 and ‘Human Givens: the evidence so far' in the HG Journal, Vol 16, No 4, 2009)
- HG Diploma graduates treat sufferers from PTSD effectively and swiftly – and usually in only a couple of sessions – PTSD Resolution, a charity which uses human givens therapy to help war veterans suffering from PTSD and other mental health problems, has an 83 per cent success rate (findings presented to the British Psychological Society.)
- Schools, colleges and residential therapeutic communities where the staff have thoroughly absorbed their human givens training see dramatically improved performance, mental health rates and OFSTED reports (read example)
- One of the UK’s largest providers of income protection policies regularly uses human givens therapists to help people back to work because of the significant savings in payouts and reserves it brings them
- Results to date from an ongoing nationwide study using full outcome-measure data collection from thousands of patients already indicate that human givens therapy is highly cost-effective, with HG therapists helping the majority of clients make significant changes in an average of only four sessions*
- When Hartlepool MIND's staff were all trained in the human givens approach, they were able to successfully treat over 10 times more people each year (suffering a wide range of severe, hard-to-treat conditions) than previously.
* Other studies using the ongoing collection of therapeutic outcomes from HG therapists in a wide range of settings are also underway with the help of Nottingham Trent University.
Explore our articles and interviews
In the midst of lockdown, and echoing the theme of this year's Mental Health Week, Julia Welstead takes a moment to consider acts of kindness, and what they can bring us all.
Aric Sigman explains why craft-based skills are as important as academic ones, and need to be taught in all schools.
Scientific findings confirm the connection between the dream state and schizophrenia...
Sally Nillson reflects on her first year in private practice.
Ivan Tyrrell reviews "The Attention Merchants: how our time and attention are gathered and sold" by Tim Wu (Atlantic Books, £20.00)
The expectation fulfilment theory of dreaming put forward by Joe Griffin is, to date, the best explanation for why we dream and why we forget our dreams...
Andrew Jones describes how the human givens approach has transformed his effectiveness in his demanding role as a chaplain in the Royal Air Force.
Frances Masters describes what led her to set up a charity to deliver free psychotherapeutic coaching, based on the human givens.
Latest Tweets:Tweets by humangivens
This workshop proved very popular and spaces quickly sold out so we've added an extra date.
Date posted: 18/10/2021
Whether you're interested for personal reasons, are thinking about becoming a counsellor, or are looking for effective mental health CPD, check out Human Givens College's online courses - and save 20% off many of them ...